Its Valentine’s Day, a holiday (whether you participate or not) meant to display your love for the people you truly care about. With tonight’s event at Virtual CSI:NY looming it made me think of the perfect Valentine’s Day Songs. Songs that you can include as a mixed CD with your Valentine’s Day gift (a personally mixed CD makes a great gift guys!) Here are some of my suggestions:
- Barry White â€“ Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe: Anything by Barry White is an instant romantic classic. He could be singing about car insurance, somehow you’ll end up falling in love. This song is THE essence of a Valentine’s Day song. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 10)
- James Brown â€“ Sex Machine: This song is not as romantic but still a very sexy song. Yes the message is quite clear, but it’s done with soul, sass, and class. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 8)
- Marvin Gaye â€“ Sexual Healing: Thanks to Owen Wilson, I can’t stop chuckling when I hear this song. Guys, don’t ruin the power of Marvin Gaye, let him sing the song. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 9)
- Musiq Soulchild â€“ B.U.D.D.Y. : The message of this song may not be the best message that you want to send, but it’s such a sexy, smooth song. Best used at the beginning of the night (try to lip sing to it if you can). (Valentine’s Day Meter: 6)
- Esthero â€“ Thank Heaven 4 You: This song will melt anyone. Period. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 10)
- Justin Timberlake â€“ Lovestoned: This list has a very strong funk and soul influence. You could also choose “My Love” or “Sexyback”, but Lovestoned has a sexy pace-switching funkiness to it. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 6)
- Nelly â€“ Hot In Herre and Black Eyed Peas â€“ My Humps: Unless you know what you’re doing or know that your partner, STAY AWAY! Really, don’t go near these songs. While these are great songs, they are not great Valentine’s Day Songs. Every year a couple breaks up because someone messes up by placing a song like this in their playlist, please value your relationship. Friends don’t let friend’s playlist stupid. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 1)
- 2 Live Crew â€“ Me So Horney: Much like the previous song mention, anything by 2 Live Crew should be kept away unless you REALLY know what you’re doing. Even then professional Valentine Day playlisters know better. (Valentine’s Day Meter: JUST NO!)
- Bloodhound Gang â€“ The Bad Touch: There’s a reason why the Bloodhound Gang works opposed to 2 Live Crew, mainly because the song is a joke. It’s a playful song that should be used only as a joke (if your partner has a sense of humor.) Use it as the last song just for fun, to lighten the mood, but be careful! (Valentine’s Day Meter: 3)
- will.i.am â€“ Fly Girl: From the male prospective, compliment your girlfriend. Tell her she’s amazing, especially with this song. (Valentine’s Day Meter: 8)
- Jill Scott â€“ He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat): This song just works in every single way imaginable. Every playlist should have this song somewhere. (Valentine’s Day Meter: MUST HAVE!)
- Astral22 featuring Shu’ane – “Make Me Wanna Fly” : A bonus track which I compiled into an Outshout!
I hope some of these choices help you make better decisions about your Valentine’s Day playlist. And Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!